Friday, March 16, 2012

Granite Selection & Kitchen Update


It might just be me...but I think granite is so neat. I love how each piece is unique and striking.  Shopping for granite has also been somewhat of an exhausting process. My original thought during the quote phase of granite shopping was that prices were going to be generally in the same ballpark.  Well I can say, that is NOT true and I've gotten quotes that vary by the thousands!

I did find that selecting a granite color was neat.  Jeremy wanted marble in the kitchen, but due to the fact that his lovely wife consistently makes a disaster in the kitchen, the fact that marble finish dulls over time especially after coming in contact with citrus, and the fact his wife wanted granite...he lost.

So we compromised and decided to go for a light granite.  Here were some of our frontrunners.




Upper Left: Kasmir White, Upper Right: Harve$t Cream, Lower: Polar Ice (I think)


Here are some shots of how awesome granite is

Bianco Romano

More Bianco

Harvest Cream (seriously way too expensive for our kitchen)

Kasmir White
Today we finalized our granite and we picked the Bianco Romano. Here is what our slab will look like.




And one of these lucky ones will be for the bathroom vanity!



And probably what you've been waiting for! This is what the kitchen looks like. Sheetrock: IN PROGRESS!
How many men does it take to sheetrock the ceiling?



Review of the days work

2 comments: