Sorry for the lack of updates, but we've just been crazy busy here. The last time I posted we had the granite templated. They did the template on Friday and installed on Tuesday. For those counting it means for approximately three months (Feb 11-May 8th) without a usable kitchen. It actually went pretty quick and for the first two months we managed well with our temporary kitchen. At the end we got lazy of cooking in our temporary set up and tended to eat out more often.
Our fabricator told us our granite is Kasmir White, but it kinda looks like Bianco Romano. They had Branco Romano in the yard and it looked totally different somewhat pinkish. I'm not sure what it actually is as there was no tag....so I think I'm just gonna confuse everyone and call it Kasmir Romano for fun.
We're really enjoying the granite, probably a combination of having usable countertops...scratch that usable kitchen...and the beauty of the granite is a close second. Hope you enjoy the pics.
| My favorite section of the granite |
| Annnd the sink fit!!!! |
| We put a 12" overhang on the end for eating |
Anddd the most awesomness sink which basically fit like a glove once we took out some of the bracing for the sink base. Probably couldn't of fit a sink a few millimeters larger than this guy. I ordered this one because it got great reviews, decently priced and someone said it would fit in a 30" sink base.
Which comes with the most awesomest faucet. Yes, it comes with two streams of water. One for spray and one for a pot pourer. And yes, I am really excited to have the soap dispenser. Actually Jeremy, the dishwasher, should be most excited of all.
Our bathroom granite came in too. Fabricator said it was Bianco Romano and looks like the Harvest Cream sample that we had at home. I think I'm keeping the bathroom a secret for another week or so and reveal that all at once :-).
More updated to come! Next update will have pictures of the finished floor and whatever progress we make during the weekend. Kitchen progress is a lot slower these days as it is nice to enjoy the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment