Monday, May 7, 2012

Vintage Stove Burners & Granite Template

I'm currently in Hudson, WI for work and this week TOMORROW the granite comes (yay!!!!!!) and the floors are being finished!!! It should actually look like a kitchen when I get back! I've already told Jeremy he must take pictures so I can see them ASAP!



I've been searching for something vintage to put in the kitchen.  I found this on thekitchn.com and thought this was soo neat! see link -> http://www.thekitchn.com/look-stove-grat-160030


Courtesy of thekitchn.com
You can buy the grates on ebay, however my mom found me something even cooler. I am NOW the proud owner of some cast iron industrial stove burners. Look how cool these are!! Yes, some people may have thought I was weird ensuring I won the bid for these before my kickball game but I think they are really neat and can't wait to find a spot for them somewhere in the kitchen.




Ok, on to the kitchen part. Thursday night we did alot of running around trying to get a few things hashed out before the granite template,  little things like installing the fridge panel, taking out the temporary sink, making sure our new sink would fit in the sink base (nothing like waiting until last minute).  Lastly, we had to install our bathroom pantry cabinet.  

Here's a picture of the granite template in progress:

 


On Saturday we watched our Stone get templated:


 

And I gotta throw in a picture of some food because on Sunday morning we used the middle burner which has an interchangeable griddle:




Other work going in progress:
Jeremy's working on the stack moulding and crown
I'm working on stripping 80 years worth of paint off the bathroom and kitchen doors

We really need to pick out a toilet for the bathroom and soon we can pick out a tile backsplash. Still plenty to do: install cabinet hardware, move stuff back into the kitchen, do some touch up painting, paint the doors and windows, and install/paint trim. 

That's it for now.  I can't wait to update you on the granite install!

 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those old industrial burners, very unique and perfect for the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete